5 Things to Focus On
1. Culture needs to be consciously attended to, evaluated and strengthened. Continually immerse the employees and keep the process ongoing.
2. Create a Rally Cry – One word (or up to 3) that everyone can rally behind. Make it very simple and easy to share.
3. Communicate – do not let this be hit or miss. Keep not only informed but participatory.
4. Listen. Continually ask for and receive feedback – this goes without saying, but make sure your employees voices are heard. Let them know what changes you are making, which ones are on the radar but shelved until these more critical ones are addressed and will revisit. Get outside perspective too.
5. Give Back – Create opportunities for the employees to give time, money, talent & resources to charitable social causes. Attitude of gratitude will keep everyone buoyant and fulfilling greater purpose.